Sunday, July 29, 2018

My Journey of being Created in Secret

This is my Journey of being Created in Secret and how I was secretly creating in me a defeated person. In my journaling I have exposed the lie I believed about me and told the truth instead about myself from God’s Word. I hope to inspire you on your journey to find the truth about yourself so that you can replace the lies that bring you down. Each post will explain what was going on at the time of the journal entry along with the lie and the truth.

I think many of you will be able to find yourselves in these journal pages and if not yourself, then maybe a loved one that you are helping. 


This is a video of the post below so you can either 
read it below or read it with some really cool music to listen while you read it. 



This is my Journey of being Created in Secret. God tells us that He created each one of us in secret and that He has a purpose for each one of us. “My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” (Psalm 139:15-16) I had lost my way on the road to that purpose because I was secretly creating in me, although innocently, a different person, a defeated person who would never be able to accomplish anything that God had created me to do or be. I got sidetracked by beginning to believe lies about myself which taught me that I was hopeless, unlovable, lost, a bad person and that I deserved pain and bad things to happen to me. I had a very deep self-hate that caused me to abuse my body. As an adult I came to realize that I alone am responsible for my beliefs about myself and that I can’t blame anyone for what I did or didn’t believe about me. I learned that as children we are not emotionally developed enough to understand the world around us so things that are said and done to us are not what we can depend on to be our personal truths. In counseling along with my pastor and dear friends little by little they taught me that what I was believing about myself were lies and over time I would go to those people that I trusted and ask if what I was thinking was a lie or the truth and through their love and patience they would tell me the truth and teach me the truth until I could begin to learn that truth myself and actually believe it within myself without having to be told by others. I journaled what I believed about myself and now I am sharing those journal pages with you because I have called out the lie and have stated the truth about myself according to what God says about me in His Word. I still have many places to journey to in my discovery of truth and I hope to inspire you to find the truth about yourself so that you can replace the lies that bring you down. Each post will explain what was going on at the time of the journal entry or why I was journaling on that day. I think many of you will be able to find yourselves in these journal pages and if not yourself, then maybe a loved one that you are helping. Let me walk your journey with you and encourage you to look outside of yourself and not to depend on your inner thoughts and beliefs alone but to challenge yourself to find the truth about you.




You can Find me at: 



No comments:

Post a Comment